Monday, January 25, 2010

Letter about Christmas in Spain

Hello,

My name is Carmen, I’m sixteen years old. I live in Madrid with my family and I’m studying first of bachillerato. I’m going to tell you about my Christmas holidays, another day I will write you about my life here, my family, my hobbies, etc.
During the Christmas holiday I stayed in Madrid with my family and my relatives. The first day I celebrated was Christmas Eve. I spent this day at home, only with my parents and my sister. First of all we cooked the dinner. After that we had dinner and we listened to my father’s old vinyl, I love that and I really enjoy listening to it. We went to bed at nearly five o’clock in the morning.

When we got up we had a little present, I normally have a little present on Christmas Day but it is not very common to have presents this day. On Christmas I stayed at home with my family and we had lunch. After that we sleeped because we were very tired.

The second important date is New Year’s Eve; in Spain we celebrate it in a different way from other countries. I spent this day at my uncle’s house, with my parents, my sister, my cousins, my uncle and his wife. We had dinner a lot of food that I don’t remember, after that we listened to music and I helped my cousin to dress up for her party. At twelve o’clock we ate the twelve grapes and we drunk champagne, also my little sister. We went back home at four o’clock in the morning and we slept the rest of the “night”.
On New Year’s Day I had lunch with my relatives at home, at six o’clock my relatives returned to their houses because they were really tired.
During next week I helped my family to buy the presents for the Three Wize Men’s Day. On January the sixth we got up in the morning and we opened our presents, we had breakfast and we went to my ‘grandmother’s’ house and we continued opening presents. We had lunch together and we ate a typical Christmas sweet, finally we returned home.
The last few days I went out with my friends. This holiday was very tiring but I like it.

See you soon,

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment