Monday, February 1, 2010

LETTER ABOUT CHRISTMAS IN SPAIN

Hi Grace !

I´ am Moncef, I´ am 17 years old. I live in Madrid but I was born in Morocco. Another time I will tell you about my live, but this time I´ am going to tell you about Christmas period.

O Christmas Eve, in Spain, we have dinner all relatives together, it´ s a special night. On the table there is lot of food, so we are never able to finish it.

On the 25th, Christmas Day, all the family have lunch together.

On the 31st, the family meet again, we have dinner together and all wait until 24.00, just 12 seconds before it we take 12 grapes. When 24.00 arrive, we all toasted to a new and happy year with champagne, typical French drink. I don´ t like it, but all way I drink just a little.

However, we don’t do any special thing on the first January.

On the 6th, In Spain, and in same other countries, we all celebrate a day which it’s called the three wise men day, who traditionally are the kings who bring presents to children, like Santa Claus.

In Christmas Eve, in Spain, we have dinner all relatives together, it´ s a special night. On the table there is lot of food, so we never are able to finish it.

The 25th, Christmas Day, all the family have lunch together.

The 31st, the family meet again, we have dinner together and all wait forward 24.00, just 12 seconds before it we take 12 grapes. When 24.00 arrives, we all toasted to a new and happy year with champagne, typical French drink, I don´ t like it but all way a drink just a little.

However, we don’t do any special thing the first January

This is the general way to celebrate Christmas period, but this last time period, I haven’t been in Spain, so I haven’t celebrated it.

I’ll be waiting forward your answer.

Bye !

Moncef Amzigh

No comments:

Post a Comment